Jul 10, 2010

Should I Stay, or Should I Go?

     While contemplating whether or not to leave this blog and join a bigger better blog for more money, there are many things to consider. First and foremost I would like to thank my hood and my psychiatrist for helping me through this tough decision. Without their help none of this would even be possible. If leaving for a flashier blog I would have to take a pay cut of almost $15 million dollars a year over the life of my six year contract. Can I possibly live with only $110 million? I have to put food on the table you know. What about the critics that say I can't write successfully by myself on this blog, and could only be successful if I teamed up with two other great bloggers somewhere else. What about taking my skills to New York and teaming up with Carmelo to revive the New York blog scene? Chicago also needs some help, but would I be in the blog shadow of MJ? Finally, what about my loyal blog followers in my hometown? Do I remain loyal to them? So many angles to take into consideration.

     Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few months, you may have heard about this fellow named Lebron James and his new team the Miami Heat. After much anticipation and build up King James has finally picked a city and a supporting cast to write the next chapter in his career. Lebron joins fellow USA Olympic teammates Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in south beach with hopes of an NBA title in the near future. All three players have reached agreements with the team, and all three will be taking "pay cuts". I put parentheses around those two words because it just seems wrong. Can we really use the term "pay cut" when we are talking about this amount of money? Regardless the amount of money these three will be losing by signing with the same team, I think they will still be able to pay their mortgage and buy Ramen Noodles to eat. They will be fine! With all three superstars locked in, it was time for the Heat and their fans to celebrate. James, Wade and Bosh all arrived in white Heat uniforms accompanied by plumes of smoke, screaming fans and a forklift to raise the three amigos into the air. "I understand now that I've made the right decision," James said. I have another trifecta for these three. I'm just going to throw it out there, take it or leave it. Money, fans, and a championship contender. Of course you made the right decision LBJ. Enough said.

     Now back to the decision at hand, should I stay or should I go? Is the love for my readers enough for me to stay at home and continue to write this blog? Should I take my talents elsewhere? I have been getting text messages all morning from various friends and family expressing their interest in where I am going to take my talents. Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudemire continue to push for their new respective cities and I just got off the phone with Jay-Z talking about the possibilities to blog in Brooklyn. So many options, I don't know what to do. Blog websites continue to clear their entire staff to have enough cap space to sign me. I have an idea, now bare with me on this one. This may come as a shocking idea, but let me finish before you make a comment. Ready? You Sure? OK.

     I would like to announce that ESPN will be airing a one hour special called "The Decision" in which I will sit down with Jim Gray and announce where I will be taking my blogging talents next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment